Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #14

After exploring www.weebly.com I discovered www.education.weebly.com which is a site dedicated to teachers and schools. According to their site you can “easily create a classroom website & blog, manage your students' accounts, accept homework assignments online, [and] keep your parents up to date.” This is great especially for keeping parents up to date or to see more than their child or I can communicate. However, I do wonder who has daily or weekly internet access. We have 4 computers in our room but 3 of them will be used a majority of them throughout the day for Waterford. I could set aside 1 day a week that we can all write something or take turns writing something on the website and learn how to upload and post pictures. I could also use www.weebly.com for my own personal website if in the future I would need or want one.

Using www.30boxes.com I can feel better about my life being organized and knowing people’s birthdays. I enjoyed having a to do list but it gets crazy when I have so many papers in my purse and desk that I can easily lose it. By using www.30boxes.com I can stay more organized and possibly, just possibly, feel less stressed.

I think we could use www.timeglider.com sparingly in class for social studies. If we are studying about a particular person or event we can make a simple timeline. This is good for logical thinking in the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment