Friday, November 13, 2009

Thing #11


I had no idea that Flickr was that relevant to me and could provide a lot of photos that were already labeled by CC. This is exciting and makes following the law so much easier. I also

was inspired by the lesson ideas and suggestions for using Flickr in the classroom. I never thought it was more than just people uploading pictures of their family, friends, and vacation. Clicking on pictures leads to new and more pictures! I didn’t choose a theme to get pictures for so I decided to find pictures of math/ELA topics we would cover this year. Here is a picture from Flickr that has a CC logo:

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/skayne/1315552519/, blythe83). This is a good example of sequence to show students and maybe (just maybe) they can connect to something (schema).



I have heard of mashups but I did not know what they were until today. I like sharing photos online but there is a concern that people can use it for the wrong purpose. For my personal use I made a jigsaw puzzle of my husband and I at his graduation. While exploring the mashups, I am not able to see how using these can be helpful for education. Maybe the Motivator or the Movie Poster (http://bighugelabs.com/) could be used educationally about a vocabulary word or book.

No comments:

Post a Comment