Friday, November 13, 2009

Thing #10

I really have never noticed the CC logo on websites but then again, I don’t notice things that very often. I really enjoyed learning about this as I majored in Legal Studies and worked in law firms before changing careers to education. I believe CC is HUGE in helping us (educators and others) so that we stay far from the reaches of any legal entanglements. I have used some things on the internet like clips from the web or videos from teachertube.com but as far as I know that is the purpose of the content. I share some content on the web, but usually it is my own created content (typed words or photos). Even after reviewing CC I am still not completely clear on all the legal things we can and cannot do. I plan to look into CC more so I know how to help communicate academically with my students (and with family and friends in my personal blog) through technology while staying out of legal trouble. The negatives for using CC are that it may protect you as much as they say it will from copyright infringement.

From OER Commons, I found an article that was helpful: http://www.learnnc.org/lp/pages/721. It reminded me to do things and gave me some new ideas that would be helpful in the classroom as far as organizational skills. This (http://www.learnnc.org/lp/pages/741) was also helpful in reminding and reassuring me that what I am doing is right in line with how I should organize my paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment