Tuesday, October 20, 2009

THING #4

Education blog writing can be a very open type of writing but also a very cautious openness. What I mean is you can’t use names unless with permission and have to be careful how you phrase things. Blog reading is fun in that you can follow someone’s thoughts more than you probably would in a normal conversation. You can jump from post to post or “thought” to “thought.” Commenting on blogs adds a new dimension so it is no longer simply a story or a post, it is more of a conversation that can end when the posts stop. By commenting back and forth, the author and the commentator can elaborate and gain a better understanding. Blogging can facilitate learning in that it is like a person on your level explaining something to you or talking about something you already know so you gain a different perspective.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you can jump to other posts and follow a blogger's thought process as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my opinion that anything cyber-related requires us to be quite cautious. Identity theft scares the pants off of me and I try to not be too forthcoming with personal information. Especially when posting comments on line and maintaing a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to post my information:
    http://patioperspective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete