Monday, September 28, 2009

My Lifelong Learning Habits

I read the following article/slideshow a few days ago called 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Lifelong Learners. Of the 7 1/2 Habits, the following are the ones I found to be challenging, the easiest, and the most important. The most challenging habit for me will be viewing problems as challenges because to me it is easier when you are outside the problem to see it in a positive light. The easiest habits will be learning while having an end (goal) in mind, creating your own learning toolbox, and using technology to my advantage. The most important habits of all (for me) are to accept responsibiltiy for my own learning (not playing the blame or blame shifting game) and having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. In my opinion the last habit I listed is crucial for keeping all the other habits in check.

1 comment:

  1. I agree - having confidence in yourself as an effective learner is important! We're glad to have you with us this semester and I know that you will be able to complete all the "things" successfully! Just have fun with it and play!

    ReplyDelete